Ankle Foot Pain
Ankle/foot problems are fairly common and can be caused by injuries such as tripping or going over on your ankle or wear and tear
What Causes Ankle Foot Pain?
Ligament strain, joint imbalance, sports injuries, muscle spasm, referred pain from knee, localised joint subluxation, plantar fasciitis, ‘Policeman’s heel’, diabetes, stress fracture
ankle foot pain Some of the symptoms you may be experiencing are;
- Ache that is deep, not sure of how it started but the ache has got worse over time
- Fell or tripped over and strained the outside of the ankle which has now turned purple, green and yellow and is very swollen
- Local specific pain which you can put your finger on and say ‘the pain is here’
- Pain in the foot especially when waking in the morning
- Pain when walking especially when putting the weight down on the heel
- Shoes don’t feel comfortable anymore
- Swollen ankle or foot
- Constant pain that is not relieved by rest, but increases in pain when walking
How Osteopathy Helps with Ankle Foot Pain
Please note: if the cause of the discomfort is not mechanical in nature (due to damage to the muscles, joints, ligaments or tendons) and is due to some other underlying issue, then the Osteopath will be able to refer you to the correct health professional to help deal with your symptoms.
Looking after your Physical and Mental wellbeing
Our range of therapies complements each other to ensure we create ultimate wellbeing.
Nutritional advice will help those with stomach and visceral problems. Osteopathy and exercise rehabilitation works with alignment, injuries and posture. Reiki, Tai Chi and Counselling ensure that our minds are dealing with everyday stress efficiently.
How we can help you
If you would like a spinal assessment or have an injury please get in touch with us or