Mid Back or Chest Pain
Our fully-qualified and accredited osteopaths go above and beyond to alleviate your pain and support your overall health.
At our award winning clinics or on-site for our corporate and specialist clients
What Causes Mid Back or Chest Pain?
Restricted joints, Incorrect posture, Referral from an organ e.g. Stomach, lungs, muscle tightness, ligament strain, scoliosis, Rib ‘subluxation’ (ribs out of place) Gastric Reflux, Anxiety, Stress, Angina, Ache due to breastfeeding or pregnancy-related postural changes, Sherman’s disease, Osteoporosis
Mid back or chest pain some of the symptoms you may be experiencing with mid back or chest pain are;
- Local specific pain which you can put your finger on and say ‘the pain is here’
- Restricted movements of the chest when breathing, which gives a sharp catching sensation
- Stiffness when twisting the torso, sharp local pain next to the shoulder blade that feels like ‘a hot poker’ either when breathing, or sitting still for any period of time
- Pins and needles that extends forwards into the chest
- Burning sensation in the chest or mid back after eating food, dirty taste in the mouth
- Ache that increases with standing, or sitting for long periods of time
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Feeling like your heart is beating very fast even though you are resting, left arm pain
- An ache in the mid back due to being consistently bent forwards, very commonly in adolescent boys
- A big bump at the base of the neck that extends into the middle of the back.
- Feels like you are getting shorter with age, losing height, but no pain.
- An ache with bending the torso, moving the arms up above the head or reaching out / lifting for something
- Nausea or vomiting
How Osteopathy Helps with Mid Back or Chest Pain
Please note: if the cause of the discomfort is not mechanical in nature (due to damage to the muscles, joints, ligaments or tendons) and is due to some other underlying issue, then the Osteopath will be able to refer you to the correct health professional to help deal with your symptoms.
Looking after your Physical and Mental wellbeing
Our range of therapies complements each other to ensure we create ultimate wellbeing.
Nutritional advice will help those with stomach and visceral problems. Osteopathy and exercise rehabilitation works with alignment, injuries and posture. Reiki, Tai Chi and Counselling ensure that our minds are dealing with everyday stress efficiently.
How we can help you
If you would like a spinal assessment or have an injury please get in touch with us or